09 June 2010

Poor little sparrow

I was waiting for the bus at Lakeside MRT station and witnessed this today.

I saw a little sparrow chasing a wasp or something. The wasp was fluttering, flying very slowly and haltingly. I was not sure if it was already hurt or was just teasing the sparrow. The sparrow kept going after it. They were flying in front of me on the road. Then a vehicle whizzed passed and I lost sight of the sparrow for a second. Then I saw something was left on the road, lifeless.

I was stunned. I looked at the Malay man beside me and he said, "It is dead." I could not believe it! We were the only 2 people at the bus stop who saw the whole incident. A few seconds earlier the sparrow was still alive, determined to get the wasp. Now it is gone.

I don't know why but I keep thinking of this poor bird.
Rest in peace, little sparrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving love on my blog! :)