18 February 2010

More than words

I always have a love for words. Though I believe a picture speaks a thousand words, I also feel that words are equally important and cannot be replaced with an action or an image sometimes. I feel that words often complement a picture, bringing out the inner meaning of an image. Working in a company that is all about imaging, I not only have to deal with images but also with words, either for correspondence or for marketing our products.

Words are made up of alphabets and we are spoilt for choices on the types of fonts, sizes and colors in the scrapbooking world. I went shopping yesterday and bought more alphas!

Look at my collection of American Crafts Thickers alone!

I like to have words on my LO to describe it. Though some people might like others to interpret their work, I like to put in some words to show how I feel about the photo and the LO. Scrapbooking, to me, is an extension of my photography, describing and recording the moments and memories of the photos.

My hubby is not one that is good with words. But I am!

I found this quote and love it!
"Gentle words, sweet to touch, make one feel loved so much." - Joyce C. Lock

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the visit Sindy ! :) i must add you have a very gorgeous blog and u are so talented !

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Sindy! Im a thicker fans toooooo....
    now u tempt me to buy again!!! hahaha
    love yr collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahhhh so MANY..

    Love that quote, where u find

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe! Guess I am not the only one having a love affair with Thickers!

    Angeline I am not sure.. I think I came across the quote on some website and wrote it down.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving love on my blog! :)